Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
yupp

Timpon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sydney
Those spangled and silver perch, if not kept in schools, can be some of the most vicious fish I've seen.

On more than one occassion, I've seen a single specimen in lfs tanks totally dominate other fish in their tanks four times their size.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Yo M|L...Ill send you 100000000000 Spangled Perch.

$500 each :ROFL:

Timpon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sydney
screw you guys! :p
LOL.

Every Chinese and Vietnamese restaurant here has a couple of 75 gal tanks full of silver perch and barra. Sweet and sour silver perch soup with rice...hmmm...yum.

A few restaurants also stock foot long Murray Cods, as they are being artificially bred here for food as well as restocking the local waterways.

The spangled perch are selling for about $3 to $4 each in lfs.

An interesting story on silver perches. My accountant bought a new house with a 10000 gallon pond that had about 50 silver perches along with koi. He didn't want the perches, so asked me to catch the perches out, not an easy task as the pond contained alot of rockwork, bridges etc.

So using worms, I would hook and catch about 3 to 5 every time I visited. This was fine until I hooked a couple that got off the line and broke free. It seems that silvers can 'learn', as after this, every time someone approaches the pond, the silvers disappear and hide. They would only come out to eat when no ones around. They are still there to this day. lol

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
i got a spangled perch haha, vicious by himself, as someone else has stated above

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store