One of our lfs closed down last night...

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
Good. I just think of all the irresponsible fish people who buy fish on the daily bases. He does not need to be selling illegals.

LuluB916

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2013
United States
That's sucks for you to have to find another fish store. But hey, that LFS made a bad decision and is paying the price for it.

I honestly don't feel any sympathy for the store who closed. Just feel bad for you and other people who relied on that LFS to provide you livestock and supply.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kiep

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
chicago, il
Sometimes, little extra money would get people in bad situation. I bet a lot of people we're asking him to get rays for them.

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
Sometimes, little extra money would get people in bad situation. I bet a lot of people we're asking him to get rays for them.

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Yeah but that's like asking a gun shop to provide you a gun modification despite it being illegal in your state. Sure different degree of illegality probably but illegal non the less.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I think people/sex trafficking is bigger than the animal trade but I agree it's the risk he was willing to take so he got burned. What happened to all his stock? Equipment and live stock?
Not sure. He had a last minute going out of business sale. But I doubt he got rid of everything.

LuluB916

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2013
United States
I wonder if the LFS owner had to spit out his fish suppliers for the ones he got in trouble with. I can't imagine him driving out of state or getting shipments directly from oversea.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I wonder if the LFS owner had to spit out his fish suppliers for the ones he got in trouble with. I can't imagine him driving out of state or getting shipments directly from oversea.

I live about 20 minutes from New Mexico. My guess is he had them shipped to New Mexico then drove them over to his shop in Texas.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Are Asian Arowana allowed in New Mexico for some reason?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store