OOPS!!! Not Fish. Just Dinosaur Eggs.

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
Oddball;530358; said:
Utahraptor is the pack hunting dinosaur featured in Jurassic Park movies. Now, before you all start pointing out that this dino is from the cretaceous instead of the jurassic, here's a tidbit for you. The books and movies were called Jurassic Park because the name Jurassic presented better than the word Cretaceous. The dinosaurs in the movie were, in fact, from the Cretaceous period. Jurassic dinosaurs were smaller (Albertosaurs were 28ft precursors to the 40ft T-Rex) than the true monsters of the Cretaceous period.
Not all the dinosaurs in the movie are from the Cretaceous, though you're right that many of them are. Dinosaurs like dilophosaurus, stegosaurus, compsognathus, brachiosaurus are others are representatives of the Jurassic period. You mention Albertosaurs. There were not from the Jurassic period, they lived in the late Cretaceous period.
At any rate, very impressive collection!! As you can tell I am also a dinosaur fan, I would have to say that paleontology is probably my second love after fish and I have been interested in it far longer then I have fishes. I have a couple dinosaur egg fragments but nothing like what you have. One is from a saltasaurus and the other from another sauropod, I don't know what speices exactly.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Hi herp people. There was a complaint of having too many sticky threads in the Photo Lounge. I'm hoping it's OK for me to park this here until I can figure where this can find a new home.

Jessica Dring

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2007
Liverpool, UK.
Hey, lol just hi jacking the thread here. I've always been fasinated with dinos (I know quite unusual for a girl) hence my early reptile collection. Hoping to go to uni soon, if I'm not moving abroad with my family, what would you go into at uni to study this kinda thing? Im in the UK by the way. Cheers all.

Arachnar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Boise,Idaho
cool ,i've always loved dinosaurs but the theories are tedious and varied at best. it seems they could fit in a category of their own as neither herp or mammal

Ophiuchus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2006
AL
www.ShiningSnakes.com
Arachnar;814558; said:
cool ,i've always loved dinosaurs but the theories are tedious and varied at best. it seems they could fit in a category of their own as neither herp or mammal
I agree. Dinosaurs are neither reptile, nor bird nor mammal; they're dinosaurs. Their anatomy and physiology are fundamentally different than all of the above.

I love dinos, too and could talk about them all day.

Arachnar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Boise,Idaho
dinosaurs could live in my yard anytime if they were alive now,they're totally awesome,i found that the book Dinosaur which was based on a television special was very good in explaining them,though i gotta find more books that deal with more detail about dinosaur behavior and anatomy-nice ball python always wanted one=)

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Would anyone care to see some polished dino bone specimens? I have about 3 tons of bones I've collected over the years. I don't keep the brown or black bones normally encountered in museums. I keep gem grade bones.

Here's a sample. I cut this red jasper replaced bone into a stylized raptor claw.

redclawbone.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store