Orinos fighting!!

CichlaLoverer

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Sheboygan WI
Need help guys, no matter decor I do my orinos are always fighting... I'm about to lose 1 due to fighting. I have 4 orinos, all same size

Any suggestions.. it sucks seeing them dying one by one and fins all damage

IMG_5696.JPG
IMG_5698.JPG

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Sadly this is why I don't keep orinos anymore. They tend to be nothing but problem for me. You can try dither fish but imo, most cichla only tend to be that aggressive towards other cichla.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
They are about 3.5-4"
Try some dithers I like to use silver dollars but it's a matter of preference, it should help but they won't completely stop. Bass fight to establish a pecking order, and they fight for dominance.

CichlaLoverer

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Sheboygan WI
Try some dithers I like to use silver dollars but it's a matter of preference, it should help but they won't completely stop. Bass fight to establish a pecking order, and they fight for dominance.
I'll try to get some dollars but if the fight doesn't stop, I'm out of options and hope for the best and just watch them lose their scales and fins

CichlaLoverer

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Sheboygan WI
Sadly this is why I don't keep orinos anymore. They tend to be nothing but problem for me. You can try dither fish but imo, most cichla only tend to be that aggressive towards other cichla.
I know orinos are super aggressive, which sucks.. I hate when cichla fight and u start losing one by one or seeing them lose a eye

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store