oscar atackes my 4 lined cat...help?

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
see no reason to re-evaluate my position as far as aggression goes with that. you can keep any fish in any tank long as proper fish for the environment provided,long as the tank is big enough with proper line of site breaks and or decor for the types of fish you have. My oscar knows what the feeding container looks like and goes nuts when i pick it up, I put him the smaller tank, and he going to go ape **** on the other fish regardless of what my food canister looks like. Same for for my jag, or JD.
ok, so it first it was fish can't be trained, now it's just fish can't be trained not to be aggressive?
of course, you put your fish in a new stressful situation it's going to act out. I'm interested in how much effort you put into training him before deciding it doesn't work.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?552898-Training-the-texas
I've done it, and it didn't take all that long either.I've had dogs that took longer to potty train. plus, it's been around 9 months and the training still holds. I haven't had to wave my stick around at all.

popss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2013
washinton
so, i can train my jag not to attack my oscar in a 95G , this is what you are implying?

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
hard to say what results you'd get going into it when you've already decided it's not going to work.
as far as training a jag, I've never had one so I don't know what they're capable of, or their personality. the original post was about an oscar, and I have trained them. Not for aggression though, mine was alone in the tank.

that being said, probably. they're supposed to be intelligent fish, and therefore capable of learning. from what I've read about their personality, I wouldn't try it unless you were willing to put some time into it and were able to isolate the fish while you aren't there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store