Oscar Experts Needed

Sarin9390

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond, VA
Hi everyone,

So i have a young oscar im guessing about six months old. He is about 3 inches and he is in a 150g tank to himself.

I have noticed on his head he has a pin needle sized hole??
I know what HITH looks like and it honestly does not look like HITH. It almost look like someone stabbed his head with a needle. Then i was giving him a good exam on his head and i noticed another one!!
I feed him New Life Spectrum pellets and Vegi sticks, i also feed him crickets and bits of live earthworm, he eats like crazy and is always swimming around. He looks very healthy.

Should i start soaking his pellets in a multi-vitamin? The water test out great for amonia,nitrite and nitrate. Should i test for anything else? I have well water and a water softener.

Please if anyone has an idea of what this could be i would really appreciate any help. I dont have any pictures because i know the holes are so tiny you would not really be able to see them anyways.

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
If it is HITH, the keep water clean and feed 1/2 the amount of food.

Sarin9390

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond, VA
Yea it really doesnt look like HITH, HITH usually just starts off as a gray sore spot and grows deeper. This just looks like a perfect tiny hole. Its really odd. I was thinking maybe like some sort of sensory pit but i dont know...

Lambrakopoulos

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
USA
Just keep on watching close, but your oscar should be fine, hey there one though ****ing fish and have the brain power to back that thoughness up. Great over all fish they are.

Iffrat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2009
Dallas Texas
Sarin9390;3108003; said:
Iffrat,

My fish has the hole in almost the same exact spot!
yes both of mine have one on each side have always had them .. and all the ones at the LFS's have them .. really easy to see on the albino's

Lambrakopoulos

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
USA
Noooooooo, your good don't worry so much, because then you'll just go crazy buying things to fix the problem & might end up killing him in the end. Pretty little sucker.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store