Oscar like temperment

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
I've heard chocolate cichlids can have similar personalities to Oscars. Never owned one yet though.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
What are you calling an Oscar like temperment. As I have found Oscars to large fairly mellow and always hungry. That would open the door to a lot of larger Cichlids. Any way you may want to look at the Synspilum or Red Head Cichlid. They have great color and will get along with smaaller fish.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Herichthys Bocourti, Herichthys pearsei, vieja melanura are all big fairly chilled personable cichlids.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
lot of friendly fish out there, but nothing as interactive and friendly as a big ol lumbering Oscar. If I could only have one fish, it would be a big ol lumbering lutino Oscar. IMHO.

Def Leppard Hysteria

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2005
Omaha, NE
I've heard chocolate cichlids can have similar personalities to Oscars. Never owned one yet though.
They are very similar to Oscars, personality-wise. They do seem to move around the tank a little less than an Oscar. Ours like to swim at the upper parts of the tank and look up, waiting for a bug to fall into the water.

Pair Of Chocolates.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

Beetlebug515

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2015
I think the closest I have found is uaru amphiacanthoides. The standard uaru. When they are young, they are friendly and energetic. As they age they get much more mellow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store