Oscar

808cichlids

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have a 110 gallon stock tank and I want to stock it with some common feeder goldfish to keep the whole "pond" theme, but was wondering if I put an Oscar in there would they live together fine? I would let the goldfish grow to about 5-6" before adding the Oscar which would be around 3-4".

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Seriously? No no no. In less then a month the Oscar will try to eat them and either choke or succeed

flip4EvR45

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2013
U.S.A
O.O you know that people feed goldfish to Oscars on a daily basis sometimes....right?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I think the most important point every one is missing here is that Gold Fish are a cold water species, where as Oscars are a tropical species of fish...

So just the environment alone says it technically wouldn't work...

808cichlids

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
I think the most important point every one is missing here is that Gold Fish are a cold water species, where as Oscars are a tropical species of fish...

So just the environment alone says it technically wouldn't work...
Well I live in Hawaii so the water temperature would be around 72-79 no matter what. And we have koi ponds EVERYWHERE in Hawaii. I've seen ponds here with everything from Red Devils, koi, pangasius, giant gourami, and Molly's here so I was just wondering if it was possible in a smaller scale. Thanks for all the kind and informative responses though.

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
I always see tanks with cichlids and goldfish in just yesterday I was working on a job and there was about 3 4" gold fish living with blood parrots and a jd. All looked relatively healthy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store