Osphronemus septemfasciatus : King of the Giant Gourami

SourAngelfish

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2021
definitely slower growth than the osphronemus gourami that I’ve kept.. has a bit of an attitude but most fish keep him in check b/c he’s the one of smallest in the tank. Mine does really care for shrimp etc or zucchinI.. favors flakes/pellets
I’ve noticed the same, it’s kind of nice as I haven’t had to upgrade as quickly as with my others. I’ve had my fish for about a year now and he’s grown from 4.5inches to 7.5inches or so.

dphan5159

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2021
Philadelphia
From speaking w/ the person at the fish shop there were only 5 that came in and one was taken home by a worker. Hopefully.. it will be peaceful. I saw that they were a bit more slow growing than other types. Mine seems to be already putting on some size in the short amt of time that I’ve had him. I’ve got a mbu puffer that I haven’t seen be aggressive w/ anyone in nearly 2 years since I got it - this gourami was literally stealing bits of a crayfish from his mouth... another fish that will have to be moved to avoid accidents. All the other fish seem to have the good sense to stay away while he’s eating including other gourami 🤣
we're batch mates. ordered one from global on dec 15.

dphan5159

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2021
Philadelphia
it's pretty chill in my tank, doesnt do much. once in a while some aggression towards the hampalas but lately it's practically none. i was more concerned with it fighting the red tail gourami but they're chill. I havent measured it, may do so just to see how much it's grown. Wasnt the best specimen when i got it. pelvic fins were cut(can see where it started to grow back) and the tail fin isnt as gorgeous as OP's. price to pay when you order fish online. As for what it eats, cut shrimp and tilapia...refuses to eat pellets (arowana sticks)
IMG_20230422_135337.jpgIMG_20230422_135328.jpgIMG_20230422_135320.jpgIMG_20230422_135312.jpg

CrazyPhishMan

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2017
Massachusetts
it's pretty chill in my tank, doesnt do much. once in a while some aggression towards the hampalas but lately it's practically none. i was more concerned with it fighting the red tail gourami but they're chill. I havent measured it, may do so just to see how much it's grown. Wasnt the best specimen when i got it. pelvic fins were cut(can see where it started to grow back) and the tail fin isnt as gorgeous as OP's. price to pay when you order fish online. As for what it eats, cut shrimp and tilapia...refuses to eat pellets (arowana sticks)
View attachment 1517450View attachment 1517451View attachment 1517452View attachment 1517453
Gorgeous fish!
Does this sp stay about the same size as RTGG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store