Ossubtus xinguense

Arraiza01

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2020
Norwalk
Dang, that's a lot of flow. lol But hey they look good so it's obviously no sweat for them. Not surprising as they are rheophilic as you and I have said. How's aggression between them? Mine can be combative at times, possibly because I only have three, and is another consideration in me getting more.
Once the pecking order is established, just like any other SD the more the better, 3 or less seems to have more aggro IME with SD, especially if M to F ratio is 2M 1F

Either then that my specimens seem happy, eat well and cope well with each other and sub Sp. Of my other SD.

Reactions: koltsixx

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Once the pecking order is established, just like any other SD the more the better, 3 or less seems to have more aggro IME with SD, especially if M to F ratio is 2M 1F

Either then that my specimens seem happy, eat well and cope well with each other and sub Sp. Of my other SD.
Thanks for the info. I have a male M. fasciatus, M. Lippinocottianus(unsure maybe maculatus) and 1 male Myleus Setiger and 2 female Setiger(unsure of species id) plus the 3 Xinguense. Despite this though the "Setiger" remain very aggressive(for an SD) and to a lesser extent the Xinguense. Definitely going to pick up more Xingu based on your recommendation. Again, thank you.

Arraiza01

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2020
Norwalk
Thanks for the info. I have a male M. fasciatus, M. Lippinocottianus(unsure maybe maculatus) and 1 male Myleus Setiger and 2 female Setiger(unsure of species id) plus the 3 Xinguense. Despite this though the "Setiger" remain very aggressive(for an SD) and to a lesser extent the Xinguense. Definitely going to pick up more Xingu based on your recommendation. Again, thank you.
Both your setiger and ossubtus are more then rare, they will be eventually gone just like the rest of us. But because the Belo montedam the xingu river is obviously drying up in certain areas, so a mass collection for science began to collect and probably preserve the sp. You and I have!

Those setigers are magnificent especially when not obese

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Both your setiger and ossubtus are more then rare, they will be eventually gone just like the rest of us. But because the Belo montedam the xingu river is obviously drying up in certain areas, so a mass collection for science began to collect and probably preserve the sp. You and I have!

Those setigers are magnificent especially when not obese
I hope not, even more reason for me to attempt a breeding project. I would happily donate fry for preservation of the species if I managed it.

I'm not sure they're Setiger. That's what the seller ID them as and though it a reputable seller I'm still unsure. Still trying to motivate myself to take some pics. I used to have a DSLR and took decent pics but now I'm regulated to my iphone and poor lighting so I take pics considerably less often.

Arraiza01

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2020
Norwalk
I hope not, even more reason for me to attempt a breeding project. I would happily donate fry for preservation of the species if I managed it.

I'm not sure they're Setiger. That's what the seller ID them as and though it a reputable seller I'm still unsure. Still trying to motivate myself to take some pics. I used to have a DSLR and took decent pics but now I'm regulated to my iphone and poor lighting so I take pics considerably less often.
Wow nice catch! Those are very rare in the hobby and some say they are endangered species
Classified endangered indeed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store