Our 270g Google Tank Build

blkdrgn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2010
Hawaii
Excellent work!!! Wish I could wing it like this!!!

So you plan on keeping just the one Aro in there?
Yes, just one. Since it's a platinum we don't want to take any chances. We tried to put our Albino Clown Knife but it was picking on the aro. Wish our tank was longer but we only have a small space to work with.

Super Turtleman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Michigan
I can see wanting to be extra careful with the Aro, but if you could find something harmless that could live with it, I think you should go for it. Then again, it's your tank...so if you like it the way it is then why mess with it right? Some more pics of the Aro would be appreciated.

blkdrgn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2010
Hawaii
Testing the skin with the magnets. It didn't hold like I thought. It will hold the skin against the frame but not vertically. I installed a couple 1/2" dowel sticks and that solved the problem. Glued it on the skin side only so the skin is still removable.

Installing the door hinges

Inside with the door closed

Installed hidden, magnetic, baby door locks. For anyone that installed these before, I drilled all the way through the door. Then I used the metal extenders. Now I can use the magnet to open the door. However slight problem as it's a little tough to open the door because I put an extra hinge in there so sometimes the magnet doesn't grab hard enough and comes off.

You can see the two dowel sticks installed. You can also see the baby lock on the top left door. We don't have to worry though, it's all getting covered. Anyone notice how crooked the ground is? I will make a piece that covers the shims.

Got my girls a Christmas tree last night. I told them I'm sorry but mommy and daddy's fish tank took the space where the big tree would go so we got a small one instead. They were still really happy.

blkdrgn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2010
Hawaii
Installed waterproof blue light strips from Amazon. I cut it to length and soldered new wires. Hooked it up to an adjustable AC adapter so I can adjust the brightness.

Zip tied it just incase the sticker on the back comes off.

It's coming together. Just need to install the doors and finish the skin.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store