out of the game

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
hey guys and gals.
im selling off all my fish.:cry:
my parents arent supportive and want me to decrease the number of tanks and sizes of tanks.:irked:
they just dont get it.
to them 20g is BIG....:screwy:
so im gonna be out of collecting preds for a while until my parents come to their senses and let me get a big tank and big fish.
my uncles buying my tank and giving me a smaller tank about 45g.
and...
the smaller tank looks exactly like my tank!!! :grinyes:
just smaller...
its i think 2.5 feet length by 1.5 feet width by 2 feet high.
im gonna be keeping a gulper cat in there plus my redtail payara.
and maybe some other fish that wont get eaten by the gulper.
thanks people.
this website has helped me alot in ensuring my fish are happy.
michel

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
Things will look a lot brighter to you once you move out and have a place of your own. I'm sure you'll have just as firm an idea of what you do and do not want going on under your roof.

ShadowBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO
Wolf3101;1601358; said:
Things will look a lot brighter to you once you move out and have a place of your own. I'm sure you'll have just as firm an idea of what you do and do not want going on under your roof.
Yeah, to be honest I could see someone not wanting a bunch of tanks in their house. Electricty, smell (even though I bet most of us hobbyists don't even notice ourselves at this point), water, etc.

That does suck though. Maybe try to go towards hobbies that they're more supportive of and you still like at the moment and then later on you can get back into fishkeeping more heavily.

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
yep.
i'll definitly still be around. :)
im just gonna keep the 45g and one of my 20g.
my parents hate the water and electricity cost.
and rest assured,i will definitly have more tanks and fish in the future! :grinyes:

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Sorry, considering you still live with your parents you must be still a young guy so know that you still have the future to look forward to having more monsters!!!

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
wow-im sorry to hear this. once you move out on your own you can own whatever size tanks you want! lol..

4kidsnomoney

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2008
Staten Island
channarox - don't feel bad one day you will get married and your wife will tell you the samething - LOL - Sorry about the tanks but as a parent sometimes there are other considerations than supporting your kids hobbies dont be too hard on them-

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store