Over Head Filter - Flowerpot Style

David K. Bradley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2010
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
danz;4297519; said:
I got this though www.chingmixusa.com and did some modifications to it with the plumbing. If you check out arofanitics.com there is a lot of ideas for OHF which is how I got the idea for flowerpots
danz: You must know something about this website that is unknowledgeable to other MFK members, as I checked out the website you mentioned and there is nothing found about OHF's.

So, if you don't mind sharing a bit more detailed information as to how you located the OHF in your photo's or to all of the one you had cataloged access to, it would be greatly appreciated. All I have come across is nothing but dead ends. :irked:

Thanks,
~ David

David K. Bradley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2010
It's really going to suck if he's out. The only other lead I know of is in Japan and I do not read Cantoneese! But on the other hand if he does have access to more of them, I'd REALLY be interested in one for my 110 gallon tank. It's length is precisely 72.5 inches across the top of my aquarium.

Burto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2010
Blue Mountains, N.S.W., Australia
I have three different top filters running. One that's built into an all-in-one aquarium, one that I bought from a store that was closing down, because the filter was on special and it looked interesting (I think it may be Resun brand), and one from here: http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/top_filters.php
I have the 700lph model. As many have suggested as a possibility, I did have plants growing in it at one point.
I can post pics tomorrow if anyone is interested.
As long as you don't mind having a big object sitting on top of your tank, I think this is just about the best style of filtration you can get, and they're easily rigged to run near silent.

sfdvlam

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2010
WMD
This topic really gets me thinking about building one for myself. It would be awesome to have one pump to handle the big tank and not need to spend huge amount of money for the OHF. Thanks for the read.

Freezekougra

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I'm using a 10g with a regular hood, I figure if it lets fish breathe then it'll let the bacteria breathe. Too bad some idiot stole the hole saw that arrived in my mail yesterday...still waiting to build the filter ._.

P.S. Cantonese is a chinese dialect not japanese :p

danz

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2006
Escondido, ca
www.flowerhorncraze.com
I have looked into importing this style of filter from the manufacture in China, I have already imported a TON of bioballs and ceramic rings from them and are awesome.

As far as the style I am running he can still get them however he has had a lot of issues with USPS beating the hell out of the units and breaking them and were more headaches for him. He can still get them for people so if your interested please PM and will put you in contact with him.

David K. Bradley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2010
Freezekougra;4331052; said:
I'm using a 10g with a regular hood, I figure if it lets fish breathe then it'll let the bacteria breathe. Too bad some idiot stole the hole saw that arrived in my mail yesterday...still waiting to build the filter ._.

P.S. Cantonese is a chinese dialect not japanese :p
Thanks for the geographical lesson. Anyway you look at it, I am still not able to read a word of it and pronounce them at all. :)

danz

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2006
Escondido, ca
www.flowerhorncraze.com
Also all of the pet supply manufacturing comes out of I believe 3 regions in China which I am forgetting. I will have to see if I can find those catalogs again which of course I cant read but lucky they print numbers which I can convert and get an idea lol.

David K. Bradley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2010
danz;4333494; said:
Also all of the pet supply manufacturing comes out of I believe 3 regions in China which I am forgetting. I will have to see if I can find those catalogs again which of course I cant read but lucky they print numbers which I can convert and get an idea lol.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store