Overstock?

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
Sell the aro. It will grow an inch and month. That give a you 6 months roughly. Clown knife will grow just about as quickly.

Sent from my LGMS769 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Sell the aro. It will grow an inch and month. That give a you 6 months roughly. Clown knife will grow just about as quickly.

+1 sell them. Restock with better suited fish. And get an arowana and clown knife again once you have a larger tank, or when you are about to get it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
55 gallon is very small for monster fish, which is what you have. I have a 55 gallon tank that is used strictly for grow out or quarantine. Not a life long tank for these fish (or even a year for that matter) Get yourself some African cichlids or make a community tank. If you want a predator tank I'm sure there is a solo fish out there that would love to call this tank home. It's just not any of these fish u have. (Depending on the bichir u have)

Oxymus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Freehold
If you into Cichlid then sell all your current stock and get a baby Jaguar (parachromis managuensis), it can stay singly in 55G (its still need an upgrade after a year though to 75G minimun or 125G for a pair) until you you can get new tank in 2016.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
+1 to feedback. You'll need to diy a huge tank for that stock. Probably something in the 700gallon range if you want happy fish.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Research a fish before you purchase it
+2

Really not trying to be rude, but those aren't just toys or amusements. They are living creatures, just like you. Its not fair to the fish to keep them in unsuitable spaces.

There are lots of fish I would love to own, but I can't. Half this forum would cut off a finger for an arapaima, but the truth is that most of us can't own one because we can't finance it. I waited for years just to pick up a few pieces of my dream stock.

Its a great hobby, but it takes patience and a near inhuman level of respect to rear the true monsters. Don't give up, but know that you have approached from the wrong angle. No one here wants to flame you. This community has taught me so much. We'll help teach you too.

First things first-- get on craigslist and find a grow out tank. 180 gallons will serve for a year or so. Make plans immediately for a bigger tank. Otherwise, sell the stock, and get a setup together. Then find stock. Always spend 10+ hours researching a fish before purchasing. Thsts half the fun! When in doubt--ask questions. Lots of questions. People here are more than happy to impart knowledge.

"With every mistake we must surely be learning."

Godspeed, friend.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store