PacMan Frog

Spencerfish98

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2011
USA
I want to get a female albino Pacman frog to put in a ten gallon tank. I think they are really cool. I plan on using coconut mulch as substrate. I will feed crickets and mealies as staple. Does anyone have any advice? I also want to know how much they need to be fed

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Spencerfish98

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2011
USA
nothing?

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
30 minutes isn't much time for people to respond, so don't get worked up. You have your care right except the tank may need to be a 20 long in the future. As for feeding, it really will depend on the size of the frog, someone else would have more info

Spencerfish98

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2011
USA
I was thinking of buying a 20 long and dividing the tank in 2 an having one on each side. I think it would be cool to have an albino and one normal

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Might be help to late but if you divide a 20l you are giving to small of a space for either frog. You can feed often while theyre small and that substrate is fine they like to burrow themselves so it would have to be deep and the environment must stay humid.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Yes, that's too small - especially for the females, which get larger. I agree with a 20 Long for each frog, eventually. If you start with babies (unsexable at this size, I believe), a 10 is fine, for the first year or two, but once they hit that 4 inch mark, they need more space.
A dish to soak in, plus humid environment is a must. Feeding should be done every 3 days (not everyday) - they have low metabolism, obviously and need time to digest their meals. When small, you can feed them more often, but don't overfeed, as this will lead to problems.
Don't forget to clean their substrate - most people do, and this leads to skin infections, rashes, etc.
A happy frog will also be rarely seen, except for feeding time - keep that in mind.

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
pac man frogs are like the ball pythons of the frog world, they can look cool at first but they don't do ANYTHING

frogsubrosa

Feeder Fish
Jul 17, 2012
Hong Kong
Are mealies mealworms? If so you may want to avoid them because there's a risk of impaction when used.
Nightcrawlers, crickets and roaches make a better staple diet.

How much they need to be fed depends on how big they are. When they're bigger, you should decrease the frequency of feeding, but increase the size of the food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store