Pacu upset me.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Wouldn't it be nice to own a school of Pacu, and feed them pear and watermelon and chestnuts?

I wan't to feed cantaloupe and pineapple and hard-boiled eggs to Pacu darn it.

Alas it isn't in the cards.

I think you would need a very large pond with a continuous inflow of fresh water, or a dammed up part of a river that keeps the pacu in but lets the water flow out. We gave our pacu unlimited watermelon and got an ammonia spike. No more watermelon for our pacu.

Not all dark goldfish do. There are blues, blacks, and chocolates that will hold their color but the brassy, greenish brown color many goldfish have is a natural juvenile color. They change to the bright orange or yellow as they grow, just like fader FHs. My big oranda is a blue x chocolate supposedly and he's only gotten darker as he's grown.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
That's true. I had a giant blue oranda that held its color. But I bought a supposed chocolate/blue cross that faded to bright orange. So you never know. Moors on the other hand always seem to hold most of the black no matter what.

I think you would need a very large pond with a continuous inflow of fresh water, or a dammed up part of a river that keeps the pacu in but lets the water flow out. We gave our pacu unlimited watermelon and got an ammonia spike. No more watermelon for our pacu.
This makes me sadder, that you can't give unlimited watermelon.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
One of the most impressive sights ive seen were dropping off 2 pacu around the 15" mark to bigrich. He had a school of probably 20 silver dollars all bigger than the pacu and when added they joined the shoal. Quite a sight indeed. (But ya 4000g tank is quite large)

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
One of the most impressive sights ive seen were dropping off 2 pacu around the 15" mark to bigrich. He had a school of probably 20 silver dollars all bigger than the pacu and when added they joined the shoal. Quite a sight indeed. (But ya 4000g tank is quite large)
That is cool!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Wow!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store