Feb 19, 2007
Marlton, NJ
Amazingly beautiful fish!

tapeworm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2007
soCal
Are you selling the fry?:popcorn: If you are I am interested.

Mojarraman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2007
USA
I've never yet seen the gutts go back to the yellowish tones that they took during (this) their first courtship. They've spawned many times since, and have subsequently always taken colors that you would "expect." They were shipped just a few days prior to taking the pictures above, and that's probably the reason. And yes, they were courting in FL before that. I'm slightly embarrased to admit this, but there could be a further reason: oxygen starvation during transport. They were airport-to-airport (as always) but caught a later flight than planned. So originally we thought there was no need to ask for full bags for each animal beings we didn't expect the delay between boxing and shipping. In this instance, half bags may not have been big enough for roughly 8" critters. All's well that ends welll...

Mojarraman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2007
USA
Almost forgot to correct this: should read "in (Rio Planatar) (fe)males ... replaced by royal blue..."

I can't complain about innacurate descriptions if my own are! Sorry 'bout that...

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
:eek::eek::WHOA::WHOA:

cebosound

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
CENTRAL CALI COAST
Very nice fish. I wonder how these Gutts are doing now?

I have 2 juvis I am growing out at the moment. I'm finding them very interesting , and trying to get some more info. I like how these active they are and the more dominant one is showing a great color pattern.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store