Paroon Shark: Update

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
What's the upgrade situation? How big a setup you got planned? He's an absolute beast, and is in great condition, you've done great, just hope it continues.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I must echo the compliments of my colleagues above.

And I must confess, when you started this thread, the pessimist in me thought it was going to be again a disappointment (for me) because so many times I had seen "Hey yall, look at my new paroon!", so I would look and it would be a last or pretty much so look...

On my memory, yours is the only grow-out from a baby case where yours is getting some size. Good job.

... He's all alone because he's cleared the tank. I tried putting some community fish in there as you all know but that didn't last long. BUT for some reason there are 2 rosbonas left, maybe he likes them??...
Thanks for this update and for confirming what we thought was going to happen, sooner or later... in your case it happened later but he has indeed eaten those tank mates you got for him a while ago.

It's good to get a confirmation and collect more data on this magnificent fish. That's what makes us strong as a community.

It's probably, again, just a matter of time for the rasboras, albeit certain outright predators have been reported before to ignore some of the smallest tankmates, perhaps always on the lookout for a sizeable meal and not bothering with "bloodworms and daphnia".

Last edited:

jwowoski

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New York
Thank you very much. I looked for years for this fish, he was my "dream fish" for say, like every fish keeper has, and luckily I found mine and has been my favorite til this day. I had to give up some of my fish due to time problems and being really busy, but i couldn't let go of this guy so I always make time for this fish every day even when I can't to take of the system. Im glad this thread has grown this much and I'm grateful for your guys interest and interacting with it. Showing the grow patterns have been amazingly fun. Thank you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store