PART DEUX!!! - Epic Overhaul (3D Backgrounds/300g, 250g, 120g tanks)

Yeobster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2012
K.L.
Thanx J for the lighting pics..now i got the idea..will try it on my tank...hehe well looks like your back on track..more pics plz.. :)

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Very cool update! I love the FTS. Is that a tiny piece of a branch up against the back wall?

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Thanx J for the lighting pics..now i got the idea..will try it on my tank...hehe well looks like your back on track..more pics plz.. :)
Glad it helped :thumbsup:

Very cool update! I love the FTS. Is that a tiny piece of a branch up against the back wall?
Thanks Morgan! Yeah that is a piece of manzanita I am trying to sink. This tank will get more as time goes on but I want to be careful how much I add.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
All beer and no work makes for a poor, but possibly funny, update ...

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
Tanks are coming along amazingly, I like the lighting really brings out the color with the combo. Sand is completely different from pic one to pic two with the added light. Wondering what kind of led you used, dyi or store bought. I would like to add one to give my tank the rear lighting. I ask because you stated cost effective lighting, leds seem to be pricey any sugg. Thanks

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Valous

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2009
Elkton,md
I just came upon this thread. And I must say I have enjoyed it as much as your last. Your detailed photos of what your doing, the inspiration photos and the out come have always been so close that you would think you stole the land for the tank. Keep up the good work but take care of yourself along the way.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
waiting for your update...:popcorn:
We back on track :) I have a couple new updates for you guys today.

All beer and no work makes for a poor, but possibly funny, update ...
:ROFL: I'm glad to see your name pop up in my build bro, hope your good (and I hope Flynn can make your seahawks watchable this year) ;) :ROFL:

Tanks are coming along amazingly, I like the lighting really brings out the color with the combo. Sand is completely different from pic one to pic two with the added light. Wondering what kind of led you used, dyi or store bought. I would like to add one to give my tank the rear lighting. I ask because you stated cost effective lighting, leds seem to be pricey any sugg. Thanks

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thanks Jeremy! I use Marineland LED's. When I mentioned "cheap" that was more geared towards I already had them. They aren't very cheap but aren't too bad compared to some lighting setups.

I just came upon this thread. And I must say I have enjoyed it as much as your last. Your detailed photos of what your doing, the inspiration photos and the out come have always been so close that you would think you stole the land for the tank. Keep up the good work but take care of yourself along the way.
Thanks bro no one has ever commented on my inspirational pics looking close to the outcome. I appreciate that a lot! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So back on track. I had to take a break (not my choice) but I am OK to work on smaller tanks so I decided to add a few new tanks to keep me sane :D I snapped a few FTS not long ago so I'm bumping the thread with those while I load new progress pics for the new tanks. The 300g, 250g and 120g tanks along with a current FGS (full garage shot)

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0099.JPG

DSC_0089.JPG

DSC_0100.JPG

(PICS OF THE NEW TANKS IN A BIT)

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0099.JPG

DSC_0089.JPG

DSC_0100.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com