Passenger jet missing

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Amazing how a huge passenger plane can just up and vanish in this day and age...All communication was broken off and there is no way to track this plane.

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
I thought the black box was suppose to send out tracking signals?
Black box is old technology. All that info can be uploaded continuously to satellites and stored at designated location for immediate access when needed. No need to retrieve a "black box".

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
Black box is old technology. All that info can be uploaded continuously to satellites and stored at designated location for immediate access when needed. No need to retrieve a "black box".
It would mean they could find the wreckage though...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
Amazing how a huge passenger plane can just up and vanish in this day and age...All communication was broken off and there is no way to track this plane.
Yeah, I wonder if the GPS is broken(obviously it must be but that would lead me to think tampering)? Surely these things have a chip in then that can track them that wouldn't be as random failed. As sad as it sounds though if the GPS chip isn't working the plane is probably gone.

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
It makes me wonder if the plane somehow blew up in mid-air. It kind of seems like the only reason they wouldn't have had some communications about the problem, other than a total failure of the electrical systems, perhaps.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
20 of them worked for an electronics company here in Austin(freescale), I pass that building a few times a month. I hate to sound bitter but those jobs were taken here directly for cheaper overseas workers...still feel sorry for all the loss.

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
Most people don't realize that during large portions of trans-oceanic flights the planes are actually out of radio contact because most planes don't use satellite communication. Instead it is calculated how much time should pass from when the plane leaves one towers range until it enters the next, and if too much time passes then they start to get worried. As for the black box having gps, yes they do, but if it's sitting below 10,000 ft of saltwater then the signal isn't going to be strong enough to reach the surface. Sadly the oil slicks they found is probably going to be all they will find unless it happens to be in shallow enough water for recovery.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
I just want to thank Inglorious for making me love dirt even more.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store