Paying taxes twice in CA

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
dde1878;2718764;2718764 said:
yeah but unemployment is taxed twice. once when you make the money and again when you claim unemployment. the is outrageous to me. you work pay into it then get laid of and get your money back just to be taxed again when your out of work. doesn't make a bit of sense to me.
this isnt true either. if you had taxes with held from your unemployment, then youll be fine. youll include the unemployment as regular income and the taxes with held as federal tax payments.

if you didnt pay any tax on your unemployment, then you will get taxed at the end of the year

dde1878

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2008
madera, ca
thats what happened i didn't have them take taxes out of my unemployment checks. why should i, that money has already been taxed when they took it out of my payroll checks from work.

saltydog_1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2006
st louis
unemployment should'nt be taken out of your check at work. it is essentially an insurance your employer pays for. his rates are based on number of employees, hours worked, and amount of time/employees that draw from this insurance policy. it is your employers responsibility to pay this not yours. are you sure it was taken out of your check?

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
dde1878;2716851; said:
me and my fiance went to file taxes last night and to our amazment we owed taxes. let me explain. we had a child at the end of 07 so she was on Paid Family Leave at the beginning of 08, then went on unemployment and Training Benefits for the remainder of the year. we also have 2 more dependents, for a total of 4 exemptions with head of household. My fiance now owes $170.00 in federal taxes. You pay taxes on the money they take out of your payroll checks for unemployment deductions, and then when you collect that money you have to pay taxes on it again. So heres the deal one person 4 exemptions and collected all year the money you have already payed taxes on once, now have to pay them for the second time.
How long can you collect unemployment and training benefits.....an entire year?

dde1878

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2008
madera, ca
first, they do take unemployment out of your checks as well as the employer paying in to it as well. the employers part is called the reserve fund, this is for extensions and stuff.

second, you can get unemployment for longer than a year right now due to the federal extensions. which the feds pay for to. so why are we out of money and why do i pay taxes on the moneys twice?

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
If I could not find work in an area within a year, I would move.......

dde1878

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2008
madera, ca
easier said than done, try to move 10 snakes 3 lizards 250 gallons of aquariums two kids and 10 years worth of sh*t, when ya don't have a job.

Amazon_Addict

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Rubicon, Wi
You know, I never thought of it that way. I got laid off rite before Christmas and I claim 0 on my taxes so that I don't owe anything but now all the money I stuck into taxes over the last year is just going to be owed again on the unemployment checks i receive. So I pay taxes towards unemployment all my life and now I dip into it just to get slammed with it later.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
FlamingFury5;2727971;2727971 said:
wut exactly does this haf to do with fish?
this section is called "The Lounge". fish-related discussions happen elsewhere :screwy:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store