PEACOCK BASS SPAWN

Bigtex3703

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2015
Well they didn't hatch this time...... think I might have let them hit air when moving them.....

rlane

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Morristown, NJ
I've bred plenty of peacock bass. Your pair will spawn every month, you can trigger the spawns with big water changes and dropping the temp a couple of degrees. I have found that if I fed the females fresh fish such as salmon I had better luck with the eggs sticking. Keep the water clean and bass well fed and they will spawn like clock work. This is the easy part. Now the hard part. Once the eggs are laid I had success taking them out and putting them in their own tank, a 10 or 20 works fine. The eggs will hatch in roughly 60 hours and you will have wiggles for 3 more days or so. Once they are free swimming you better have newly hatched baby brine shrimp and lots of them. I haven't had luck getting them to eat anything else when newly free swimming. Once they are taking the baby brine they grow very quick and after a week or two you can start to supplement their food with more convenient foods.

Reactions: D7620

Rick210

Feeder Fish
Oct 23, 2015
I just got 2 peacock bass, is there a way to find out if i have 1 male and 1 female? Any advice

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store