Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
0.0-0.1ppm
If yes, what is your nitrite?
0ppm
If yes, what is your nitrate?
5 ppm
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
71-80%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every two weeks
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Aquarium set up:
240 Gallon
2 Fx6 Canisters
I just performed a water change when I got the below picture
Once very eager to eat and now is not
How can I treat him and make him overall more healthy?

View attachment IMG_9842.jpg

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I edited your pic to get a better look.
Image.jpeg
A curved back is often a birth defect, and there's nothing you can do about that.
What concerned me more, was the 2 depressions on each side of the head, near the nostrils that could be the beginnings of HITH.
Unless you say they are injuries.
If they are the onset of HITH I would suggest doubling your water change routine from80% once every 2 weeks, to at least 80% once per week.
Wouldn't need to be 80% all at once, could be two 40% water changes per week, if that was less time consuming.

SublimizeD

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2019
I edited your pic to get a better look.
View attachment 1536962
A curved back is often a birth defect, and there's nothing you can do about that.
What concerned me more, was the 2 depressions on each side of the head, near the nostrils that could be the beginnings of HITH.
Unless you say they are injuries.
If they are the onset of HITH I would suggest doubling your water change routine from80% once every 2 weeks, to at least 80% once per week.
Wouldn't need to be 80% all at once, could be two 40% water changes per week, if that was less time consuming.
After going back and looking back at photos from years ago I see the same markings on his nostrils so I dont think it could be HITH. The curved back issue has only become evident in the last month .

Reactions: tlindsey

SublimizeD

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2019
And he's not eating now? Is he being bullied & who else is in there with him?
He's been in there for around 3-4 years with a silver arowana datnoid, and giraffe cat. But he liked to mess with the arowana. I'm not too sure what to do. I have means to separate him and treat but I'm not sure what to treat him with so I've upped to once a week WC 75% and adding salt
1710126338709.png
1710126432410.png

aroijuana

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2018
New Jersey
He could have possibly had a run in with the aro or dat at night & hit something super hard causing the bend. It's not really something you can treat im afraid. If he eats & seems healthy just keep up with the salt & fresh water see how that goes. He does look a bit thin tho & that can cause the deformity. Also fins are deff torn so someone's picking at him.

SublimizeD

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2019
He could have possibly had a run in with the aro or dat at night & hit something super hard causing the bend. It's not really something you can treat im afraid. If he eats & seems healthy just keep up with the salt & fresh water see how that goes. He does look a bit thin tho & that can cause the deformity. Also fins are deff torn so someone's picking at him.
This did happen at night. Woke up one morning and he was like this. I'll keep them all fed and see how he does.

Reactions: aroijuana

SublimizeD

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2019
Update: Not looking good. Attempts to feed have been met with no avail. He's just sitting on the bottom curved alive but not moving.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store