Peacock eel

buddah101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania
I moved the butti but still looks the same otherwise
Jay's 180 Gallon F/W preditor tank

30 gallon pic ... I need to take a recent shot of it, looks alot different now, more filtration and ALOT more clear. this pic is when I just set it up..
full shot of tank

buddah101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
piranha45 said:
they both look nice, i love setups with natural plants. Your fish don't destroy them?
no not really, The RES has a habit of pruning the swords though. I still dont know exactally what the one type of plant is.. I know I have Cabomba, amazon swords and a real long ribbon type sword with red edges. I still don't know wha is is though. Maybe a crypt or jav fern? Idunno but it loves the flourite, it's sending up leaders all over my tank! (I have white sand over it)

Cyclop3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Quebec, Canada
Nice eels...I also have an eel, it's still tiny, like 3" or so. It looks like what you have described as the "peacock eel"...nobody has been able to identofy it for me (the pet store labeled it "Indian Eel", but i can't find any information on those on the web. When I have enough posts here i can show you a picture, in the time being, try this link if you want to give me a hand...

Can you identofy me??

Thanks!
Cyclop

buddah101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
Cyclop3000 said:
Nice eels...I also have an eel, it's still tiny, like 3" or so. It looks like what you have described as the "peacock eel"...nobody has been able to identofy it for me (the pet store labeled it "Indian Eel", but i can't find any information on those on the web. When I have enough posts here i can show you a picture, in the time being, try this link if you want to give me a hand...

Can you identofy me??

Thanks!
Cyclop
If anyone on here, so~far, can identify it, it would be me. I have been rearing "eels" for years.
BTW: they are actually elongated tropical fish. Most, if not all, true eels dont have fins especially pectorals.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store