peacock only eats live food, any suggestions?

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
try frozen bloodworms...once he is on those go for the frozen bloodworm/pellet combo.

maverick1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2009
nc
I had 2 that did the same. What I done was freeze cut up shrimp,bloodworms and massivore pellets and made into a cube and fed him small pieces at a time. He went on pellets 1 week later.

Shenanigans

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2011
Wyoming
Im still working with mine but they showed no interest in anything but guppies. They dont like pellets and ignored bloodworms and brine shrimp. Amazingly enough, they seemed to like the look and taste of cut up silversides. I cut up the food to just slivers so they wouldnt be too much bigger than guppies and the bass loved it. They still wont explore other options but im at least happy theyll take frozen foods. Any luck so far?

snot

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2009
colorado
We've gotten lucky that all our baby bass except bloodworms. After they get about 2-3" we give them tilapia cut into pieces. We haven't had a problem yet, good luck!

pbass510

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2010
Bay Area
Hes out of live food now anyways so I might try starving for a day or two then toss in some floating and sinking pellets and just see what happens. If still nothing then im useing the tricks you guy have linked to me. Thanks again.
you should just go with the link, thats how i always train my new baby pbass now. they been hitting pellets since 2"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store