Perfect 240 gal stocking

Eclipse390

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Hudson Valley, NY
We recently purchased a 240 gal. glass tank & we are now researching different stock ideas for the future. I've only had FW tanks, but would be open to SW.

My question is this - if this was YOUR tank, what would you put in it?

I find myself looking at the same species over & over - so I'd love to hear other peoples' ideas of what they would stock. Open to anything so that I can get my brain going.

Reactions: FishBeast

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Dimensions?

Reactions: islandguy11

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
A school of pink tail chalceus, perhaps 8
For the bottom a group of geophagus winemilleri.
Thought about this stock for my own tank but never quite got round to it.
Or swap out the geos for a large school of pictus cats, about 30 would be nice.

bobblehead27

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2010
Tampa Area
Thatd be a sweet home for a Betta and a couple snails. Lol.

Na if it was me I would do a community of medium sized semi aggressive cichlids....

Or a Tanganyikan tank. Frontosa altolamprologus, julidiochromis, some shell dwelling species and cyprichromis for the open water. I would probably try and do it in such a way that the smaller fish had enough time and hiding places that when the fronts are added and get large enough, there are enough smaller fish that their numbers won't be affected too much by the fronts. Idk if that's possible though. Might have to swap out a species here or there. But that's where a bit of research would come in

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Write a list of fish, put it on a wheel, spin the wheel, throw a dart. Whatever fish it lands on base the stocking around it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store