PERMITS FOR ILLEGAL SPECIES

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I doubt you'll get a permit, unless it's for an accredited educational or scientific institution.

ccdoido38

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2007
s
dodgers86;1392513; said:
I would be down to do that. Just would need some help. And would they give a permit to everyone who is associated to the organization?
no.lol that's why you wanna "help"?:naughty:

N-E Cichlids

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2006
Ellenton, Florida
WWW.N-ECICHLIDS.COM
I just got my restricted permits approved today. If your a hobbyist forget about it. FWC (dosen't matter what state you are in) are all over this. You have to have your T's crossed and your I's Dotted. I have 2 seperate permits. One permit is to legally get them shipped to me and legally ship them out. The other is a possesion permit that allows me to take the fish out of the packaging and put it in my tank. I can have the the import/export permit without the possesion permit, but that only allows me to get one shipped to me and I have to immediately ship them back out and can not take them out of the box. With the possesion permit I can house them in my tanks until they are sold. The permits are only good for 6 months. Every June and December we have to submit a report to Florida FWC that says what we brought in and where it went. If we do not submit the report we lose our liscense.

The permit does not allow me to keep them as pets, so I have to bring them in and sell them. They do not make hobbyist permits. Also some states such as Florida have two lists. Restricted and Prohibited. You can only get a permit for fish on the restricted list. You can not get a permit for the fish on the prohibited list unless it is for research or exhibition.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store