pet store filtration

dovii_6

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2014
Asheville NC
see im going to have 14 fifty fives along the wall and two 125s side by side im already running on minimal outlets so one system will be easier then a whole lot of seperate ones the main problem is the putlet situation honestly

dovii_6

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2014
Asheville NC
i have no idea where to start on this the whole filtration thing to me is just a gray area i know everything else i need to but that at this scale or level is just uncharted new territory

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
If you run separate filtration on each tank consider placing permanent pvc pipes for siphons mounted to the back racks or the stands. You dont have to drill them, just make a u shape of pvc and add a ball valve. Ive seen some cool manifold setups on this site for draining multiple tanks easily.

A local angelfish breeder I know has racks of 4 or 5 20g long tanks stacked vertically on top of each other. Each tank had the bottom glass drilled with a bulkhead and 1" standpipe. There was a sump for each bank of tanks. The return went to the top tank, which each tank overflowed down to the one below, all the way down to the sump... if that makes sense. So at least he had a few banks of isolated tanks if he had an issue.

When my old man bred fish for a living, he had 17 40b's and some other small tanks on racks. The whole thing ran on a central blower system. There was pvc running all over the basement with small air fittings and valves. Each tank ran on air driven sponge and or box filters. Water changes were done with a really long gravel vac that reached to the drain on the floor. Poor bastard refilled them all with 5 gal buckets... every week.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dovii_6

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2014
Asheville NC
None of this makes sense to me tho can I hook them all up using PVC pipe all the way across one going in one going out? Like T valves?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
here ya go,
https://www.kcfishclub.org/forum/42-fish-rooms/34363-brian-s-new-fishroom.html?start=135

this is what most fish stores run. An air driven filtration system whether its filtered by ugf or sponge filters. The pvc pipe is just basically a holding for the air compressor. For your particular set up a medium sized blower will run the 14 smaller tanks while the 100+ may require a canister/wetdry/hob assistance.

The blower is set up to the pvc which holds the air pressure and you would use the T valves to adjust the air pressure going into the tank. Example: tanks farthest away from the blower would need to be open more than the tanks closest to the blower.

One word of advice is your going to have a:
cheap loud well preforming blower
or
cheap quite poor preforming blower
or
expensive quite well preforming blower

your gonna have to decide, but always buy two and make sure there rebuild-able and easily rebuild-able. Rebuilding kits usually cost around 70-120 bucks depending on the blower and they will go out, its a matter of time so a back up is always a good idea to keep your stock alive.

Heres a google search of blowers but beware there's a lot of crap blowers so make sure to read reviews.
also make sure its a reliable company such as 2-3 years down the road you'll need rebuild kits and if there out of business your outta luck and need to make shift it or buy a new blower with a source of rebuild kits.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=air pump blower

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
You don't seem to have much knowledge of how to build a fish store and how a fish store operates. Not the best idea for starting a new business. You should google building a fishroom and look into some of the builds. Most run on air operated systems. Whatever you decide, you should put in an automated water changing system. It will help greatly and save you lots of time.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
uploadfromtaptalk1412774843061.jpg
I found this on diyfishkeepers. This is what a member (jubs) there did to make draining multiple tanks in his fish room easier. http://www.diyfishkeepers.com/forum/showthread.php?11689-DIY-PVC-multi-tank-water-change-manifold

Found this on google, sort of like the system I described that a guy I know uses for breeding angel fish. A little more complicated than his. I would still reccomend you go the air blower route for simplicity.
View attachment 1041307

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
see im going to have 14 fifty fives along the wall and two 125s side by side im already running on minimal outlets so one system will be easier then a whole lot of seperate ones the main problem is the putlet situation honestly
not necessarily. you can run both of my suggestions with air. one air pump, one outlet, individual filters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store