PETCO STEAL!!!! Not really don't freak out

bloodlucky

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2014
New York
I just got a steal of a deal at petco lol. I walked in and didn't expect to see what I saw. They never have anything beyond usual there however.... When I walked in I saw a 8 inch fire eel labeled as a lesser spiny eel, He was $4 !! I practacally got him for free that is so cheep for a 8 incher. I also got some clown knives for $4 and I'm thinking one is a royal.Also got some blood parrots for $15 each. Anyway just thought id tell MFK because sometimes people never expect to see these fish in a petco haha. You guys think I got a deal? I certainly do. Here are the pics
View attachment 1031390View attachment 1031391View attachment 1031392View attachment 1031393View attachment 1031394

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Petco often has no idea what they're doing. I see them get ridiculous stock sometimes like an arowana or paroon shark. After nobody buys them, it's no wonder petco would panic and try to get them off their shelves. In a way, that's a good thing for us experienced people

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Petco often has no idea what they're doing. I see them get ridiculous stock sometimes like an arowana or paroon shark. After nobody buys them, it's no wonder petco would panic and try to get them off their shelves. In a way, that's a good thing for us experienced people

The one by me regularly have pacus and rtc.

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
Great score.
I bought a spotted leapard bush fish that was in with the "assorted" chichlids for 3.99 at the pet smart a few weeks ago.
That was about my one and only good fish score ever.

Nice fire eel I've been looking into them.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Lil update .. Couldn't get pics of the fire eel seems like he isn't eating but I'm not sure he may eat at night. the parrots and the knifes are eating fine curious to see how quick they grow. They are skittish very skittish, seems like they are more nocturnal they hide a lot. Also will the CKs get better colors? I've never had one before they are like 4 inches
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1408301792.976330.jpgImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1408301810.962348.jpgImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1408301798.374275.jpgImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1408301804.661643.jpg

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
Color looks good on the CK they get huge, aggressive, and eat other fish, remember that.

I was thinking of picking up the one where I got my gar as they were in the same tank he's a foot or better.
But after research/reading here. I ordered more gars.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Yeah I'm surprised the two knifes haven't fought yet... I was planning to separate them but seems like they are really docile..... For now lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store