Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
lmfao, I didn't even notice he said zoolander the first time I read it

1 internet point for eddie

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Don't mean to stir the pot here, but i wonder how baby fish make it to adulthood as a percentage? I know they vary based on species and conditions, but it would be cool to have an overall % of those who don't and compare the whole number to the baby (or other) fish that die as a result of the aquarium trade. My gut tells me more die in the wild, and even if you don't consider those eaten by other fish I'd still guess it's more than the aquarium trade as a whole. Put them behind glass and people seem to lose their mind. I get a fish you've raised for years or something super rare, but i cant help but feel that there are plenty of them so some supposed to not make it in a way. Drives price up though.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

heatherbeast

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2009
Atlanta, GA
heatherbeast.deviantart.com
The quote I heard from a presentation on fish farming at our local aquarium club meeting was about 85% survival rate from spawning to shipping on most species. I can't comment on shipping, but I have heard dismal, but anecdotal, numbers at LFSs.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Heather and zoolander, how dare you write logical posts. The fish keeping community isn't ready to listen. They'd rather piss and moan about the knowledge of minimum wage employees

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I won't piss and moan over the lack of knowledge some of the employees have but I will most certainly piss and moan about them giving me crap for wanting to buy more than 5 fish.

"EIGHT fish?!?! how big of a tank are these going in????"

Whoa whoa whoa lady...let me stop you right there...do you even know how big of a tank these fish need?

"The card on the glass says 20 gallons"

...bag my 10 fish...

blackghostknife

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
No, it's okay because he's black(ghost knife). Duh

fish nerds aren't immune to the race card I guess

Just last week, didn't you dump Clorox into the tanks at Wal-Mart for the same reason?? Lol :D

someone had to put a stop to their suffering

"Ignorance comes with a price."

-me

so does theft

-the law

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store