Pharaoh's New Fish Room Build

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Where does one acquire such highly effective sponge filters? Switzerlamd? Internet? Azarbaijan?

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
I'm jealous! I would love to have a fishroom, but our house is too dang small. :irked:

Can't wait to see it set up.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
At Bobby's pace you will be a grandfather, Dan, and i a grand grand......:)

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
The Hamburg Matten filter is a pretty cool idea I might get one for a 75 grow out fry tank I want to set up. It looks perfect for that. Thanks for the link.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I'm jealous! I would love to have a fishroom, but our house is too dang small. :irked:

Can't wait to see it set up.
Just buy a new one liek I did. We downsized and I still got a bigger fish room. LOL

The Hamburg Matten filter is a pretty cool idea I might get one for a 75 grow out fry tank I want to set up. It looks perfect for that. Thanks for the link.
No problem. I have used the before with some 20Hs I had at the old house. I didn't buy quality foam and it turned out to be crap. disentigrated inthe tank and killed some fish. Buy the real deal stuff if you try it. I loved it while I had it.

CrimsonFog

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
Warshingtun
Nice room, definitely popcorn time. :popcorn:

I gotta try one of those filters. Pricing is that bad at all.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Where does one acquire such highly effective sponge filters? Switzerlamd? Internet? Azarbaijan?
Links are above. Come from a business in Ohio. Owned and operated by Stephan Tanner.

Nice room, definitely popcorn time. :popcorn:

I gotta try one of those filters. Pricing is that bad at all.
The jetlifters are the pricey part, so you are better off to buy the whole deal. Also, if you buy a bunch, he will cut you a discount. I don't remember how much, but I bought quite a few and it was a decent deal.

what are you breeding?
Mainly African cichlids and livebearers, nothing too special really. 4-5 different julies, leleupi, some Vics, some kribs, Xiphophorus species, black Moscow guppies and a couple pseudocrenilabrus species... I have a hard time remembering them all. LOL

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
Any ideas on building stands? I used 6" concrete blocks and 2 by wood for most of my fishroom. The main benefit is simplicity of construction and flexibility if you want to re-arrange things.

I'd recommend coupling your sponges with box filters for mechanical filtration.

Are you going to build an air system with PVC and taps?

Auto-water changing?

Do you have a drain? Utility sink?

Good stuff!

Matt

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store