Phase Two Started

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
Thanks Mike for letting me know about this thread, hadn't seen it before. Man the background on that tank is fantastic!!!!! Sorry for not reading all of the thread but was this a DIY or pre-made background.

A+++!!!

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
High City Rida;4830444; said:
Ok just read both thread's. Egon you lil devil. Both tanks are superb/spectacular/sensational really. I have definatly been awed tonight. So has JCardonia seen these tanks yet? Oh by the way I would not do Cichla in this tank as much as I love them all I could think was Hondurian Jaguar Parachromis! What ever you decide to give this mansion of a home to will just be plain amazing. Man you deserve tank build of the year on these two tank's hell take your pick of the two, and all of your exceptional ideas for filtration and sheer simplicity of maintenance. Great Job Egon I know your proud and very well should be.

Mike
Thanks Mike, very nice comments. The tanks were a labor of love really, every one here on MFK would agree and understand. It's just fun from the planing of the filtration to the last mouse my gar just pounded. I changed plans on the Cichla for the 360 specifically because of jcardona1's comment that if he ever kept them again he would go with a 900 minimum. I took that advice to heart and put off my big bass plans until later. Very very hard to do, but good advise and good decisions are not always easy......

jcardona1;4832594; said:
Thanks Mike for letting me know about this thread, hadn't seen it before. Man the background on that tank is fantastic!!!!! Sorry for not reading all of the thread but was this a DIY or pre-made background.

A+++!!!
^^^^ this guy grows plants and doesn't have the time to read the thread lol :screwy:

Okay JC you take good pictures and you had that rockin 405 so I'll give ya the quick run down lol

The background was pre-made but no one makes them 44" deep so I cut and glued three different backgrounds together to fill the 6' X 44" background.
There's good stuff on the background in this thread. For example: I have overflows behind the background to keep water flowing so nothing goes stagnant and rots back there. Plastic screen for even flow and hidden filtration. If only I could get plants to grow................

Cheers guys and thanks for the props :)

noledoc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2010
Johnson City, Tennessee
Wow! I am impressed!
Paul

noledoc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2010
Johnson City, Tennessee
Terrific job!
It is inspirational.
Paul

noledoc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2010
Johnson City, Tennessee
Your background is amazing. It works buddy!
Paul

Egon;4316208; said:
No water yet, I think the pictures will be clearer with water.

You can see the black screen in some of the pictures to help with the flow of water to the over flow. Also I tried to cover the glass-holes over flow. The objective was to hide all equipment and kinda make it look like a natural environment. Have a look and let me know what you guys think????

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
noledoc;4914444; said:
Your background is amazing. It works buddy!
Paul
Glad you like it :) I'll pull out the new DSLR camera and take a few pics :) Update pics tonight!

Crap, now I gota clean this deep *** tank :irked:

monkeystrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2011
japan
I know it's been said before, but i bet you never get tired of hearing it. awesome tank. I have a 800 gal. tank at my house in Japan. still in the create and can't wait to get back and start the build. Getting alot of great ideas from your threads. I want to make it very user friendly. My only problem is that I am Military and move alot but I not going to let that stop me from building my dream tank. Also I emailed just not fish to see if the could build a custom background to my specs...waiting for answer still. anyway thanks for sharing.

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
I'm probably one of the few people on here that can truly appreciate how insane that must have been to install that BG and make it look that good. EVERYTHING about this tank is impressive.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
aclockworkorange;4969903; said:
I'm probably one of the few people on here that can truly appreciate how insane that must have been to install that BG and make it look that good. EVERYTHING about this tank is impressive.
Thanks man, that's very nice :) The BG was a PITA to build/install!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store