Picked up 2 new cats...

mcox3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
These guys are in QT right now.

RTC is about 2" and the TSN is 2.5" The TSN has shown a lot more of an appetite than the RTC so far. Cant wait to start hand feeding these guys. I'm going to make sure these guys dont develop any gill curl at all costs. Small daily water changes, excellent areation and constant supervision.

I believe the TSN is a Tigrinum, can anyone verify this?

RTC.TSN.jpg

JUVRTC.jpg

TSN.jpg

mcox3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Bogwoodbruce;1169116; said:
Very nice i love RTC and TSN at that size.
Thanks BWB

My girlfriend said the same thing...

Its like a St. Bernard pup, oh so cute- and then they grow up!:headbang2

TLkmDN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia/Perth, Australia
oh the tsn may out-eat ure rtc at the present but my money is on the rtc catching up and consuming everything in sight. they are hands down the most enjoyable fish i have ever raised. i hope u experience the same joys that i have ;)

mcox3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
TLkmDN;1169189; said:
oh the tsn may out-eat ure rtc at the present but my money is on the rtc catching up and consuming everything in sight. they are hands down the most enjoyable fish i have ever raised. i hope u experience the same joys that i have ;)
Thanks, I've got another RTC thats about 4" and I'm hoping these guys will bulk up quickly so I can keep them together.

malawi haps

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2007
south carolina
I like the look of your tsn mine is very dark on the top and bottom with a bright white stripe down his body and a red tail.I have no idea what kind he is ???

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
looks to be fasciatum. Only time will tell as the pattern develops. Looks like there are vertical white stripe with the black stripes? Usually a tell-tell sign of fasciatum. Your's has a pattern already at such a small size. Mine newest was solid black almost until he hit 4" now at 7" he is definitely a fasciatum.

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
This is a classic fasciatum...Kabota...about 18" long

Handsome Kabota.JPG

Kabota face.JPG

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007