Dec 7, 2011
WI
Lol of course, I forget to post the perms
Phosphate: 0
Salinity 1.024
Temp 78
Nitrate 3
Ammonia 0
Does any one else have their test tubes spray them? Ever single test I lost water from that and got it all over my hand.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
dont shake it that hard and it wont leak, how are your nitrates 3? most kits test in increments of 5

AConrad

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2011
Florida
You have to shake it pretty hard. I do these tests all day. Shake the cap before you put it on and it wont spray. Id say you dont have enough flow probably. Is your filter the only thing you have creating flow?

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI
it was inbetween 0-5, so it seemed around 2.5-3. Its rated for a 55, and frogspawns don't really like flow.

AConrad

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2011
Florida
Have you been adding iodine? Other than your hardness or calicium n that not much else I can think of. What kinda lighting do you have?

dr_sudz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2006
Wiarton, Ontario
www.fishinabox.ca
Frogspawn needs some flow. A moderate flow in the tank will help stimulate the coral. though there could be other factors going on here with the water conditions.

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI
yes, so I have lo- moderate flow i believe just by watching food and bubbles in my tank, Any suggestions? Now one of the heads has skeleton poking through the top it is so squished in. All of my zoas are doing great, but not the frogspawn....

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
My frogspawn likes the flow, when I take my circulation pump out to clean it my frogspawn starts closing up. Try more flow, I only have moderate flow though

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI
Hey the flow made them all open!!!!!
Got the calcium done
Calcium: 500-525 (high, why?) I don't dose calcium or anything. I use the oceanic sea salt though and that has calcium....
Kh:9-10 I am thinking 10 though, but it was hard to tell
Ph: 8.5, I'm not totally sure about the accuracy of this one because I was using the sera test kit but an API test tube. So it could be from 8.2-9 :). Since in its side it looked about 8.3 and from the top it looked 8.8.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store