Picking up 220g tonight

aprime11b

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
Oregon to Florida
How's the tank come along did you get the reactors.set up

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

I still only have 1 reactor running. I ordered a 4th koralia 1400 power head for my tank and some GFO for a reactor. I just need to get some tubing for it to connect a pump to it.

Other than that, tank is doing well, seems to be crystal clear in the AM when lights are off but when they come on it appears to cloud up a bit when looking from the sides. Just shows a lot of particles in the water. I was hoping the LR and new skimmer would keep it crystal clear. So I am still working on this small issue.

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
Add carbon to the gfo in the reactor it will Mack water crystal clear

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Dont use carbon if you dose. Carbon takes the trace elements out of the water. If you do feel the need to use carbon, only use it for short periods, like a few days or a week at a time.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

aprime11b

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
Oregon to Florida
Okay. I will run GFO and ammonia reducer in the reactors and take out the carbon.

I do have chemicals to dose and do not want the carbon to remove it.

If i take out the carbon then what will keep it crystal clear?

With the sump being mainly biological and not having a HOB or canister to help keep it clear how does the sump and Skimmer suppose to maintain the tank crystal clear. I dont wanna rely on the carbon reactor being used only a few times a month to help. Needs to be an everyday solution to water clarity.

Thanks fellas

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
Okay. I will run GFO and ammonia reducer in the reactors and take out the carbon.

I do have chemicals to dose and do not want the carbon to remove it.

If i take out the carbon then what will keep it crystal clear?

With the sump being mainly biological and not having a HOB or canister to help keep it clear how does the sump and Skimmer suppose to maintain the tank crystal clear. I dont wanna rely on the carbon reactor being used only a few times a month to help. Needs to be an everyday solution to water clarity.

Thanks fellas

Is this your first salt tank? Why are you so worried about the water being crystal clear? Your water will be clear. All you need is a skimmer. The skimmer will keep the water clear. You can also use filter socks. Also why do you need ammonia reducer? You shouldnt have any ammonia. None.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

aprime11b

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
Oregon to Florida
No this is my third. My skimmer has been taking out a lot of gunk but water is not at clear as previous tanks.

Ammomia reducer to help. I have 3 reactors and want two running. If I have GFO in one then what in the other or should i have 2 of 3 reactors running gfo

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
I use carbon and GFO with no worries just add trace every week and change carbon every month - if you don't want to use carbon to de-toxifiy your system then try purigien for nitrate control - theres no need for ammonia reducer if your tank is cycled thru and your stock + feeding isn't outta hand. If they are outta hand and ammonia is present then do daily w/c's til it's gone if ammonia persists remove some fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store