Picking up 220g tonight

Jrob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2011
Michigan
the cardboard could break up if you left it in there for too long...i ran mine over a piece of plastic, as that doesn't disintegrate at all and it did the trick as well... 80# of live rock seems very light to me... i would def say you need quite a bit more.

I can sympathize with the tank being monstrous, my 210 was over 350#. It sounds like you got a steal. Congrats. You're not going to want to keep the fx5 hooked up to it. It's a quality pump... but you need the fuge and a quality skimmer..that's the only way...

kasaki89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
hamilton
i set my 230 gallon up in the summer, did the idiotic move of not washing my sand, and it still kinda has a haze to it , but the water is clear, im going to try a sock in the in tank for a couple days and see if it helps,

aprime11b

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
Oregon to Florida
Thanks. Yes the fx5 is off. Just ran it over the night. I will buy a good skimmer to run with the sump and fuge. Still a little cloudy but much better. Added some damsels and a two clowns for now. Here is a pic.

It also came with 3 reactors but i do not know where they go or how they work. Are the reactors worth setting up?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1355687742331.jpg

kasaki89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
hamilton
well what kind of reactors are they? theres a bunch ! , people usually run carbon , or phosphate removers through reactors,

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
I would run gfo in one of them for sure. Probably do a calc reactor if you plan on a reef

Sent from my HTC Hero S using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
I haven't ever had 1 corona beer box disintegrate before the tank was full of water - also feel ya on the weight my reefs a 210 oceanic with 3/4" glass took 4 ppl. I run 2 reactors in tandem on the outside of the sump with a 150 gph pump in the sump - GFO + carbon P

aprime11b

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
Oregon to Florida
Here are the 3 that came with it. They already have media in it but i rather use new stuff. So how do these work. One of them has two tubes the other ones do not. It also came with several power heads and pumps. So how do they get set up and where do they go in the sump? Thanks

uploadfromtaptalk1355690114125.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1355690124985.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1355690136845.jpg

aprime11b

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
Oregon to Florida
It also has an auto top off? How do i set that up. Never had such advanced equipment on any previous salt tanks. I feel spoiled and overwhelmed with all this expensive equipment.

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
loose the media - 100 gph pump for 1 reactor in the sump. 150 gph pump for 2 or more. Phosban reactors - The 2 tubes are intake and output. Input goes into the hole over the inner tube inside the reactor. I suspect the last pic media is either purigien for nitrate control or pure aquatics alumina for po4. that reactor might be submerged and the treated water leaks out, not sure or there's a tube hole your not seeing it does have a hanger.. All can handle most any type of granular media - the GPH is key to it's effectiveness.

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
Auto top for fresh tapwater can run from the pipes - ro water top offs usually have a trickle pump that is put in a 5 gal bucket. Then you top off or swap out the bucket with fresh RO. My auto top off float is attached to the last stage wall in the sump.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store