pics, and need ideas!:)

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
xander13;1738877; said:
thanks eman!:)

i traded it, i figured the tank still wasn't ready for the cuban, and it was really too small. was a hard decision, but i don't regret it.
wish you could have traded it to me. :) maybe if/when you get the chance to get a trop it will work better for you. they seem like a more suitable fit for your environment.

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
probably:) but im not giving up on the cubans!:D i know of about 9 still floating around in the hands of ppl that won't mind selling them off, so when i get a bigger tank...:D

i still need to source for a lfs who's willing to pay for the trops before hand...if not it's just too much risk on my side.

alcohologist

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2007
singapore
your intakes from the UGF plate are placed pretty close to each other. i'd have one of them at the left side of the tank, to spread flow throughout the whole gravel bed.
add some drift/bog wood, definitely and a pima! :D:nilly:

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
alcohologist;1740329; said:
your intakes from the UGF plate are placed pretty close to each other. i'd have one of them at the left side of the tank, to spread flow throughout the whole gravel bed.
add some drift/bog wood, definitely and a pima! :D:nilly:
as in arapaima gigas? if so that's definitely not that great of an idea.

Jakob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Iceland
background plants would make the tank look longer!

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
demjor19;1740782; said:
as in arapaima gigas? if so that's definitely not that great of an idea.
:D:D it's downright a retarded idea!(he was joking, we went down to an lfs the other day and there was a very nice tank full of small pima, we were contemplating getting one for his pond. well at least, i was:D)

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
haha yup, getting several bags...FREE!!

im getting quatz black sand and this.

on the bigger ones on the sides, with the smaller ones inclining inwards towards the centre. with tall plants along the back, and small plants running the length of the tank, with bits n peices of long thin branches acrossish the tank for added length.

yeah you should scrap the shark thing and hel;p keep cuban gars in the pond:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store