Pics of Tinfoil Barb Carnage

Rui

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2005
Calgary, Canada
In addition to tinfoil barbs, I see snakeheads, clown knifefish, and some eels that I recognize from dealer's tanks. I hear the clown knifefish are actually pretty tasty, but a bit bony. I actually went to get one and try it out, but when I finally thought that maybe I should try it, they were sold out of them.. Next time they get one in, I am trying it.. Anyone know any good clown knifefish recipes??

MY LFS had a 4' tiger shovelnose that they gave away for free (too difficult to sell).. Well, the guy came back, and he asked him 'How is your fish doing?' He responded with 'it was very tasty." He really ate it..

HoangLan

Feeder Fish
Apr 5, 2006
south california
Rui;582125; said:
In addition to tinfoil barbs, I see snakeheads, clown knifefish, and some eels that I recognize from dealer's tanks. I hear the clown knifefish are actually pretty tasty, but a bit bony. I actually went to get one and try it out, but when I finally thought that maybe I should try it, they were sold out of them.. Next time they get one in, I am trying it.. Anyone know any good clown knifefish recipes??

MY LFS had a 4' tiger shovelnose that they gave away for free (too difficult to sell).. Well, the guy came back, and he asked him 'How is your fish doing?' He responded with 'it was very tasty." He really ate it..
All frozen fish balls sold at asian supermarkets are made with clown knifefish, they are a pain to get the meat out, they're very bony and the bones are vry small like thin wires. In VN, ck are thick in water in the country side.

Jesse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
redtailfool;576444; said:
When my chinese perch croaked 2 days after getting in a fish market, i was tempted to cook
it.. but gutting out a fish takes too much time so i just wrapped it in plastic and disposed of it.
You found live Siniperca in an Asian market? I always see frozen and dead ones, but I've been waiting to find some live ones. All I ever find are live tilapia and turtles. :(

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
icthyophile;582478; said:
You found live Siniperca in an Asian market? I always see frozen and dead ones, but I've been waiting to find some live ones. All I ever find are live tilapia and turtles. :(

They are regularly found here (S.Chuatsi) in NY Chinatown. The only problem
is that they were barely alive when we got them. Mings died , KP's and mine.

gotpiranha?

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2005
Lowell MA
Those look yummy.I had some before but it was bought from an asian supermarket.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store