pics, update of my cray, she's well!

Jess.in.WI

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2006
Abrams, WI
Here she is when I got her, a walmart special for $8.

Here she is now, happily controlling the bottom of the 72g bowfront tank:

Look at the change in color! I've seen blues with pretty pink accents, mine has blaze orange accents! Does anyone want to venture a guess on what she is now that she's changed so much? Yesterday she was in heaven with a half cube of frozen blood worms, and a half cube of frozen mysis!

aha, found it, here's my original thread from back in december:
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49169

oh, I had a tank crash so now her tankmates are a siamese shark and 4 beunos aires tetras that stay in the top/mid section... no problems thusfar.

Jess.in.WI

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2006
Abrams, WI
woops, I can't edit, and I moved stuff around in my photobucket account, so here they are again... is she a redclaw?/

december when I got her:

now:

Jess.in.WI

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2006
Abrams, WI
thank you! I'm hoping someone can post with a positive ID on her species... is she a redclaw, or something else? She sure has changed from when I got her!!! I wonder, and worry just a bit, about how big she'll get... I may have a lobster size grabby crab on my hands? lol!

Jess.in.WI

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2006
Abrams, WI
mibbyblues;799187; said:
What you have is a very well taken care of Cherax Quad or Redclaw(depending on if you like to use the scientific name or not).
:D thank you for the compliment! I don't mean to be smug, but I was researching on the web and figured that was her species... I think my girl looks better than any I've seen online! Her colors are just so intense!

How big can I expect her to get, and how long do they usually live? Thanks!

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Great looking Cray. I really enjoy my blue.

Elgo_Sweettooth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2007
Indiana
that is amazing!
a hell of a turn around, it is apauling how walmart treats there fish departments....:barf: enough to mak you sick....
But that is a good story not justa horror story.

wolfcichild027

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
maryland
walmart i said it before in the peves post or something they treat fish like toys not living things and whats a department store doing selling fish just so the bratty 5 year old can put a silver dollar in a tiny fish bowl and watch it die as for the cray fish its cool.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store