pics

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
E_americanus;1565661; said:
ok whether or not your water is drinkable is more or less irrelevant. i had made one of my initial posts before you said you were using anti-chlorine (which is the main issue with conditioning the water, so keep using that). what is in your "water conditioner" that is different than just a dechlorinator? does it remove ammonia too? if it isn't made for aquariums then don't use it.

the color of the fish may take a little time to go back to normal as it still looks pretty dark in these pics. and yeah, probably wise not to turn on the lights just to snap a shot.

your nitrites should read zero, so keep checking your water parameters every day until they do go down to zero. don't worry about nitrates.

=====

jordan -

in short, i use a cichlid sand substrate which contains a large amount of aragonite to buffer the pH in the system. since switching to this i have not had any of the problems i used to with the Cubans (including the problems that killed a couple...not fun).

water changes are every week or every other week, about 1/3-1/2. feeding goes from either every other day to two days fast in between feedings. temp is 80-82F. hope that helps--
--solomon
it is meant for aquariums, it removes ammonia, restores slime coat, reduces stress, restores colour etc. if there isn't anything else, i'm keeping on with this regieme for now...(30% changes every 3-4 days, twice a week feedings, checking water quality till nitrites read zero)

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
xander13;1565668; said:
it is meant for aquariums, it removes ammonia, restores slime coat, reduces stress, restores colour etc. if there isn't anything else, i'm keeping on with this regieme for now...(30% changes every 3-4 days, twice a week feedings, checking water quality till nitrites read zero)
sounds like a plan :)

keep us posted--
--solomon

ermgravy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
behind my iMac.... Southampton UK.
yes that sounds like your going in the right direction! all the best!

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
fish does look much better in the video, should be in good shape if you keep up with the new water change schedule and monitor pH/water parameters at least once a week for the next few weeks--
--solomon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store