pike id help pls..

GarNiac

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
SE Asia
hi all, got a couple question here,
firstable, what is the name of this Crenicichla? as I've ordered the fish, so it should be in my tank within few days..
IMG-20120803-00962.jpg

secondly, I was offered with this species below, it was labelled as Crenicichla Botox, n the question, is this rare? how much will it cost?
botox.jpg
_MG_4892.jpg

and last, I was also offered with this species below, it was labelled as Crenicichla Venturi, n the same question, is this fish rare too? what would it cost?
photo.jpg

all the pics are sent from the seller, which I presume are taken from the web,
thanks

IMG-20120803-00962.jpg

botox.jpg

_MG_4892.jpg

photo.jpg

GarNiac

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
SE Asia
anyone? this forum is very very quiet

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
I've been watching this sub forum for a couple months now. And it has been slow. Pikes, eh, don't know much about them, but, I do know that pikes have the most color morphs from babies to adults.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

GarNiac

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
SE Asia
yup, really slow indeed.., I know that there are so many species of them, and some are still yet to be identified.

elindra

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Singapore
The Venturi is considered rare. Belongs to the Saxatilis group and max out at 6 - 7 inch. Will not be a good Idea to keep with Lugubris group pikes

Botox is recently seen. Considered rare still but I can't adv on price

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

elindra

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Singapore
For yr first picture would be better if the fish was on water. It looks a little like this pce

Crenicichla cf Lugubris “Tocantin”.

GarNiac

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
SE Asia
thanks for the info, I should have asked for more pics from the seller, but the fish is currently on the way, so it should be in my tank tomorow and I will post more pics. The seller also told me that the color of the body looks green and the head appears red, so nonetheles it would look like the fish you have in the pics. Very nice collections btw, are they yours? what are the average pike price in your area? cheers

elindra

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Singapore
Lol no that pic I posted belongs to a friend. He got it from a shop that brought in some stock from Oliver.

abarilot

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
By the Beach!
I believe Botox = Crenicichla sp. Iguazu. They are a beautiful pike from Argentina and Dan Ye from Americancichlids.com is selling them

clgkag

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
missouri
Dan-ye's also came from Oliver.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store