Piraiba

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
Awesome dourada, keep us updated on him! Ichibantropical has a 5.5" one right now that I am tempted to get but would love to figure out how to keep them from injuring their nose.
Thats my dilemma as well man. The challenge for me is raise him to 12" without injuries so i could transfer him to the bigger tank. Then hope that the big tank is sufficient for him not to sustain them as well.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
Awesome dourada, keep us updated on him! Ichibantropical has a 5.5" one right now that I am tempted to get but would love to figure out how to keep them from injuring their nose.
Would a tank designed for sharks help prevent this? As in an oval footprint - no corners. I bet it would help a lot ( well I hope! 😃)

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Would a tank designed for sharks help prevent this? As in an oval footprint - no corners. I bet it would help a lot ( well I hope! 😃)

It would help turn them, but the problem is when they spoook and smash into a wall. With a round or racetrack tank, they would have a harder time breaking their maxillary, but they could still do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
It would help turn them, but the problem is when they spoook and smash into a wall. With a round or racetrack tank, they would have a harder time breaking their maxillary, but they could still do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
+1

Mines still small so he rarely rarely bumps his face. My big tank has rounded corners but the walls are flat.. Soooo... Goodluck to me:/

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
I was wondering the same thing about a round/circular tank! Gotta be worth a try for an awesome species like that.
It's pretty expensive to have a circular tank built for this specie though. They don't maximize the space and the viewing window will be very expensive to fabricate.. :(

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Bob what did mean in your first post where you said something about feeling duped over a Mekong Giant?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store