PIRANHA DYING HELP

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
s
Zander_The_RBP;4143260; said:
piranhas are little toughies im sure they go through a much more dramatic pH swing and temp swing every year in the amazon as soon as the rainy season hits( think it dosen't gradualy start raining during the rainy season one day it will be dry and the next it pours)

i'd put money on that # 6 will pull together in a bit just be patient.

On a side note: Adding aged water from another tank will do NOTHING to help your cycle the bacteria that we want do not live in the water column they live only on surfaces. Adding a filter from another tank will help tremendously though.

Thanks for the correction. I tried to add "and filter media" to make that clear. You'd think aged water from the other tank is better then a tank full of fresh tab water though.

Great idea on the breeder also

vaipulu

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 14, 2010
Missouri
After a few games of beer pong I took off the towles and sure enough all the fish are fine even #6 still not eating but its a major improvement from laying on the ground struggling to breathe. Tough little basterds, thanks for all the help everyone

vaipulu

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 14, 2010
Missouri
Final Update*

All have survived and are feeding. Thanks MFKers for all the help, I probably would of lost all my fish with out ya.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store