Piranha Fry wigglers day 3.....

d3r

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2013
Detroit, MI (motor city)
Hhah yup i love the stage where it takes all their energy to swim up towards the surface..then get too tired and slowly sink face first back onto the bottom haha

Chidori Noodlez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2013
Michigan
Hey I just had my 3rd spawn have about 600 free swimming and started feeding 2 days ago congrats on the achievement looks like we are both going to have a lot of fish soon lol where are you located
Can't wait to see how many free swimming I'll have. I'm in GR Michigan. How did your first 2 spawns go?

Hhah yup i love the stage where it takes all their energy to swim up towards the surface..then get too tired and slowly sink face first back onto the bottom haha
Yea d3r that is hilarious they sure are lazy fry just lay on the bottom until they get the urge to go spazz...lol
Starting to get free swimmers about 5...lol

Chidori Noodlez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2013
Michigan
image(2).jpegimage(6).jpegimage.jpeg[video=youtube;Cj-qhecLfz4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj-qhecLfz4&list=UUFKtHWpx0A9yFwrWKjaO3DA&feature=sha re[/video]

image(2).jpeg

image(6).jpeg

image.jpeg

d3r

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2013
Detroit, MI (motor city)
Whenever i turned off the lights in the tank they all took lift off from the bottom.. so right about now when they're almost free swimming..turn on the lights for like 20mins and then shut it off and they'll all get the urge to leave the bottom. a good way to push them along to swim.

cassd

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2014
montreal
My first batch was slightly successful I had a vacation planned and they laid eggs 2 days before I had to get a buddy to watch them and he only came max once a day so I think they had a big slow of a start but had 40 survive to juveniles and sold off or traded now that I'm around this time they had the eggs I have a lot more time and will put a lot more effort then my friend did ( still happy he actually came in e a day for me or I would have had now) one key thing is water changes do as many as you can I actually did 3 a day of a small amount ( fry tank is a 15 with about 8-9g of water)
I would change half a gallon 3 times a day worked well for mme good luck

Chidori Noodlez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2013
Michigan
Try it a few times throughout the day or tomorrow.
will do.....

My first batch was slightly successful I had a vacation planned and they laid eggs 2 days before I had to get a buddy to watch them and he only came max once a day so I think they had a big slow of a start but had 40 survive to juveniles and sold off or traded now that I'm around this time they had the eggs I have a lot more time and will put a lot more effort then my friend did ( still happy he actually came in e a day for me or I would have had now) one key thing is water changes do as many as you can I actually did 3 a day of a small amount ( fry tank is a 15 with about 8-9g of water)
I would change half a gallon 3 times a day worked well for mme good luck
Thanks, I've been changing 2 gallons of overnight primed water a day thru a drip and they are in a 10 gallon.. seem to be doing good. I also have been testing the water daily and all numbers are good. I may just do a gallon in the morning and gallon at night. Thanks Again

Chidori Noodlez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2013
Michigan
Cassd it's going good, a lot of movement now. Think they'll be ready to start eating tomorrow. Well see...

Thanks Rhom and go for it. always fun watching the process... Nice profile pic that is SWEET!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store