piranha or snakehead?

jjdsplace

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2007
uk
i have kept both P's are nice in groups but yourtank will be to small and i a 40g you will have to keep small channa's like asiatica but you will need to get them at same time as they are agressive to anything else you add into tank

hmoobvwj

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
WISCONSIN
If I could also keep one or the other I would choose SH over Piranha anyday...It's just that they are illegal that is why I get piranhas. :)

Death Pony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
You could keep a dwarf species of snakehead in a 40. Look into Channa Bleheri, very pretty little brutes.

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
Get a larger tank about 180Gal+ .

And i would probily go with a large group of RBP along with some sort of large harder Catfish . Bit of wood and a few fake plants for Deco' and the tank will look great , IMO .

But i do like Snakeheads alot so it is a hard pick which one to go with .

south coast nelly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
as said your tank's to small for pirahna, snakehead's are amazing fish, trust me i know i have three tank's all with snakehead's.....love em and you can have drawfs

gramskunk1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2009
quebec,canada
i had 2 pirahna in a 20 gallon before...6inch long..the aquarium i built was like 16x40x16 or something like that.and they always were happy with the litle curent i had...yes the ideal tank would be larger...but i'm not rich,and never built a big aquarium as i'm not to sure how to glue big ones.i am a glassman....
i say 40 because i saw a good deal in a store,40g aquarium with canopy/neons,filter and stand....for 350$
i could build myself one but at this price....
i was thinking about 4 piranhas or 2 snakehead
the kind they have now is like orange and 3 inch long.if i remember they should get 2 feet long.but if i go with snakehead,i will for sure get a bigger tank as they grow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store