Piranhas and Oscar Vs Rat

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
Cruel, immature and disturbing. An insult to fishkeeping. I bet the bastard did'nt even clean the tank after such a messy feeding.

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
sandtiger said:
Cruel, immature and disturbing. An insult to fishkeeping. I bet the bastard did'nt even clean the tank after such a messy feeding.

:iagree:

That was just sick......I think I'm gonna :barf:

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I used to feed the pacus at the pet shop I used to work at pinkies and fuzzies, but they were pre killed! That was vicious! I understand the predatory nature of these fish, but you could've pre killed the rat before putting it in there to suffer like that. You could've gotten the same affect without torturing the animal. I admit that I feed my fish feeder fish on occassion, but I get smaller feeders to insure that it's quick and to the point that they don't even know what hit them.

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
i dont think that rat knew what hit him either!!! hahaha. and that oscar is a straight up RIDER!!!! he doesnt have a torn fin on his ass. i had some p's in a tank with large cichlids and the only one they never touched was a huge Crenicichla spp. "venezuela" . i figured it was because they are found in the same waters. i wonder if thats why the oscar is surviving too? cool ass vid though

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
CentralMayhem said:
i dont think that rat knew what hit him either!!! hahaha. and that oscar is a straight up RIDER!!!! he doesnt have a torn fin on his ass. i had some p's in a tank with large cichlids and the only one they never touched was a huge Crenicichla spp. "venezuela" . i figured it was because they are found in the same waters. i wonder if thats why the oscar is surviving too? cool ass vid though
I read in a book that wild oscars are not often attacked by pirahnas...in part because of their eye spots. I don't know how true it is.

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
benzjamin13 said:
I used to feed the pacus at the pet shop I used to work at pinkies and fuzzies, but they were pre killed! That was vicious! I understand the predatory nature of these fish, but you could've pre killed the rat before putting it in there to suffer like that. You could've gotten the same affect without torturing the animal. I admit that I feed my fish feeder fish on occassion, but I get smaller feeders to insure that it's quick and to the point that they don't even know what hit them.
It is not just cruel for the rat, it is also bad for the fish. Mammal meat is extreamly fatty and messy, not a good diet for the pirahna and certainly not the oscar.

This guy does not keep fish for the sake of keeping fish. He is trying to make some bad ass image for himself..."ooooo, so hardcore"...he feeds rodents to fish.!!!! What a joke. He probably has some kind of complex...or perhaps a small dick he needs to compensate for. Complete disregard for living things, he has no right to own fish or any living thing at all.

elusiveguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
MA
sandtiger said:
It is not just cruel for the rat, it is also bad for the fish. Mammal meat is extreamly fatty and messy, not a good diet for the pirahna and certainly not the oscar.

This guy does not keep fish for the sake of keeping fish. He is trying to make some bad ass image for himself..."ooooo, so hardcore"...he feeds rodents to fish.!!!! What a joke. He probably has some kind of complex...or perhaps a small dick he needs to compensate for. Complete disregard for living things, he has no right to own fish or any living thing at all.
I seriously thought most the people on this forum were like that, good to see it's not.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store