Pittsburgh, PA LFS (Meet-Up)

kove32

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2006
Pittsburgh
Hey all, I have searched the forums to no avail, hoping to find some LFS around Pittsburgh. I have a small list that I have aquired:

Aquaworld (Route 65) - An AWESOME selection of all different types of chiclids. Not the cleanest place, but if there is a fish you want, you'll prob find it here.

Oddball Pets (SouthSide) - Pretty clean place, almost seems like it is in a basement. Not the best selection, but everything there is gorgeous.

Elmer's Aquatics (Monroeville) - Extremely clean, good selection, but a little steep prices.

Wet Pet's (Cannonsburg) - EXTREMELY clean, decent selection, AMAZING for saltwater needs and fish (Heard its the best in the area)

Honestly, this is all I know of besides the chain stores. I was hoping anyone knows any others as I like to visit them as a daily trip and see what they have to offer.

Also, if anyone on here wants to meet up sometime and perhaps go to one of the reptile shows, or even fishing, that would be awesome!!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, didn't know where to put it!

DigginDirt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2011
Pennsylvania
I agree with Aquaworld, Elmer's and WetPets... been looking for another store or two as well, but can't seem to find any. So far Wet Pets has been my favorite.

Rockbass6

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2007
Lake Erie
If you guys ever went to a different major city, like Cleveland or expecially Buffalo, you guys would cry harder than Big Ben after the Super Bowl. For a larger city your stores suck!

Rockbass6

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2007
Lake Erie
I am down for an mfk fishing outting sounds fun, I am in Erie and I like our stores. I miss our one sw store that went out of business. Sorry if one of your stores sees this but I don't see how $60 for a little ebjd is justified.

kove32

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2006
Pittsburgh
I am not sure where you have gotten your information from, Rockbass. I don't believe I have ever seen an EBJD being sold for $60. Although, I cannot compare our prices to many others, seeing as I haven't been to many outside the area.

As for your other comment, I can't believe you used Cleveland and Buffalo in the same sentence as Super Bowl. Now THAT is an achievement.

Rockbass6

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2007
Lake Erie
kove32;4886855; said:
I am not sure where you have gotten your information from, Rockbass. I don't believe I have ever seen an EBJD being sold for $60. Although, I cannot compare our prices to many others, seeing as I haven't been to many outside the area.

As for your other comment, I can't believe you used Cleveland and Buffalo in the same sentence as Super Bowl. Now THAT is an achievement.
The store you called the cleanest and best is the one that sold them for $60. If Fish stores were a competition, you would be at the bottom of the barrel, the last drops. I can say that because Erie has a one store nicer, and buffalo has 4 nicer than your best one. Cleveland I haven't been to recently I think some closed, but I know something fishy was real nice.
As for the comments on the Browns and Bills, your a typical "stiller" fan. No team is better than them, guess no cities with better fish store could be either. Laughable, because Green Bay, Boston and New York are known as the big title towns. Even Bradshaw himself after the Super Bowl, Green Bay is the team with the hardware.
Sorry to derail so bad, back to listing your platy and molly stores. :)

rj32l

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2010
washington,pa
rockbass is correct..i live in washington,pa about 20 minutes from wet pets..i go there all the time..yes they are very clean amd have great quality fish BUT they are allittle pricey..he is correct with the prices of their baby ebjds..about 1.5"-2" for $60..i go to school in erie and there is a store here called sea cave which is probably one of the best stores in the area for quality and price..rockbass will back me up..soo theres my input..hope it helps

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store