Pix of my gar

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
for a 18" wide tank imo not more than 2 years, it should be hitting at least 16" by then and should be given more space to turn
Agree. Different people have different experience and ethics, I would keep a 16" gar in an 18" wide tank if that was the only option. It will still do ok growing only an inch or two in the next year-2 years but a wider 24"+ tank is ideal

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
as you requested Lepisoseus. Pic of the empty 150 out on the front porch.

This was given to me by a freind about 15 16 years ago. He gave it to me when he moved and he kept his other 100 G.
Going to buy material to build a new stand this weekend .
The one behind it is to tall I need a ladder to reach the bottom and it looks ghetto. didn't matter before as it was in the man cave but we are going to put it in the living room this time so it needs to look presentable. according to the wife LOL.

Also going to build it 25 inches wide so when I go to the 180 I'll have the room I need.
I just have to figure out what to do with my sump for it. as the new stand will only be 12 inches high. Maybe off to the side?
it's a little acrylic 32 L 16 W 22 h sump.
The tank will need alot of work to be up and running for my gar.
Sump plumbing was tossed. hood was trashed by a contractor during our remodel and the wife insists on a new stand.

So I guess in this order.
1 stand
2 sump
3 hood
4 water setup and cycle.
I'm thinking 2 months for the gar's new home.

Then I can move some stuff over to the 55.
Rich

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store