Planted 75g SA tank

Brown Water

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2013
Ma
Really?

All those years of running over flowers, herbs, and small (4" max) trees with the lawn mower has finely caught up with me. Any and every plant on the face of this earth hates me and dies under my care and or in my presence... If I even attempted to make a tank look like that everything would die. Hats off to you, beautiful tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
Really?

All those years of running over flowers, herbs, and small (4" max) trees with the lawn mower has finely caught up with me. Any and every plant on the face of this earth hates me and dies under my care and or in my presence... If I even attempted to make a tank look like that everything would die. Hats off to you, beautiful tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I am in the same boat. I have a black thumb when it comes to plants. I can keep almost any animal alive and healthy, but plants just want to wither and die under my care. :(

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kevbc03

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
Cleveland
Was this in the TOTM contest?

TjHallock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2005
Slidell, LA
THANKS EVERYONE! :D
Im hunting for other color variant species at the moment to add in there

And really I don't do anything special for the plants. I DON'T use carbon media because it absorbs trace minerals and organics -- resources the plants can use. I was using a 3' PC light @ 1x90W which was strong for its size. Recently I got my 4' PC @ 2x65W so I'm going to use both and see how much growth I can get. Look for an update once the rotalas and new vals I got planted sprout out 8) want nice, healthy plants? frequent water changes, and no carbon absorption filters to keep a constant supply of fresh nutrients in the tank. My geos and discus health is really good just bc of the size and color these guys have been putting up recently

TjHallock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2005
Slidell, LA
Beautiful tank, I'd put another 4 discus in there since they do better in groups. I see an angel and geos in there. What else do you have in it?
i have s few different cories, a rubbermouth pleco, an L14 pleco, normal (but very nice) pleco, heckelii, altifrons, steindachneri, leucosticta, balzanii, rh tapajos, and what i think might be a brachybranchus

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store