Planted tank starter?

Jimmy16

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2011
Las vegas
You mean the part about the cost of running a tank?? I posted another thread about that if you want to search for it in my past posts.

Well since, you reserected it, and I've already posted my info in it, I'll just use it to link my newest video.

man that's just beautiful. i want that, but a 10 gallon version of it next to my bed lol. should put a sponge on the intake of the aquaclear? i'm afraid it might suck up the shrimps.

should i use a AC20 or AC70 as the filter for my 10 gal? I'm going to stock it with only 20 or so red cherry shrimp and 5 or so neon tetras.

Will Hayward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
Canada
www.alternativeaquariums.com
man that's just beautiful. i want that, but a 10 gallon version of it next to my bed lol.

should i use a AC20 or AC70 as the filter for my 10 gal? I'm going to stock it with only 20 or so red cherry shrimp and 5 or so neon tetras.
Id use TWO AC20s. Or a big Sponge Filter, or two small sponge filters.

Also checkout the 10 and 20G tank videos if you want to.

Will Hayward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
Canada
www.alternativeaquariums.com
I really don't want to go buy another filter if I can avoid it. What's the difference between 2 ac20s and a ac70?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
It's to be a shrimp tank right. You don't want the flow too too strong, yet you want good bio and mechanical filtration.

If your intention is to breed the shrimp, Hydrosponge filters by ATI or Seapora work amazingly, without sucking up the babies.

Jimmy16

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2011
Las vegas
It's to be a shrimp tank right. You don't want the flow too too strong, yet you want good bio and mechanical filtration.

If your intention is to breed the shrimp, Hydrosponge filters by ATI or Seapora work amazingly, without sucking up the babies.
So hob filters don't work well on such a small planted tank? Dang I was hoping to put a silk sock (the ones my mom wears) over the filter and it'll stop the babies from being sucked in. And I can adjust the flow rate on the AC70...

Jimmy16

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2011
Las vegas
i didnt say that. fine AC70 will work.
I'm not trying to argue with you lol. I'm just a complete noob when it comes to plants and have no idea what I'm doing.I I noticed when I fill my tank all the way up, the flow isn't really all that much at all because the water isn't free falling. just want a low maintenance small 10 gallon shrimp tank I can stare at while laying on my bed...

Will 20 pounds of Eco-complete be enough substrate for the 10 gal?

I currently have a 25 watt marineland heater on the tank, will that be okay? Keeps the water at about 75 degrees.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store